October 16, 2010

My Grandpa

My grandpa is quite a character. I only have grandparents on my mom's side, but they're the best ones anyone could wish for. Grandpa loves history and he seems to know everything about it. Every time we go to a lake or a building Grandpa has something to say about it.

This summer when my cousins and my family were visiting my grandparents house, Grandpa asked all the kids to come outside. Grandpa made a beautiful rock path with hand-picked rocks a couple years ago and he's very proud of it. He shows it to us every year. "Come kids! I wanna show you how rocks can be very pretty when they're wet!"
So the kids tramped outside. Grandpa started telling us about how the green rocks are very rare.

He just loves the attention we give him when he tells us all about Grandpa things. Same with the history of lakes and buildings and certain museums. He really does seem to know a lot. And he really does know how to pick out rocks!

No comments: