May 8, 2008

Music


I like many different varieties of music. I love Bonnie Raitt, Don Henley, The Beatles, The Sundays, The Police and much more including my dad. But just as much as I like hearing music, I like to make my own as well. I do write music and play it, but I'm not the type that will sit down and just read notes. I don't know how to read notes and I read chords instead. If you look at pretty much any music book, you'll find things above the notes. They will say letters from A to G. They say flats which look like lower case bs, and sharps which look like this:#, and much more things I haven't learned yet. But writing songs can be very tricky. First, you have to be in an inspired mood. Try to find a peaceful spot that is quiet. Try your front lawn or porch. Then listen to what's around you: the birds, the wind rustling the trees, some times you'll hear just plain silence. Try to find a melody in your head and write down some words to it. They don't have to rhyme but they can if you want them to. They just have to fit with each other. But the most important thing is to be yourself.

1 comment:

Theresa said...

Way to go Sky. This is a great blog. The more you write, and ponder, the more you will learn about yourself. I love you! Mom