May 6, 2008

My Family


I am the oldest kid in a family of 5.


Mom: My mom is a fun-loving, high-spirited mom. I love her very much. She is a writer and an artist. She has created a blog too! Here is the link: http://treesfam.blogspot.com/


Dad: Dad has taught me everything I know about music. He is also a writer, a poet and a storyteller to the family. He's very funny and plays piano, guitar and writes music and songs. He has ten albums so far. Here is the link to his website: http://www.garymarksmusic.com/


Annabel: Annabel is 9. She is my sister but is also my best friend. We try not to fight. Annabel wants to become a singer and an actress and be in musicals. She loves to sing and act out little songs from the Sound of Music. She is very good and I am very proud of her so far. I try as best as I can to help her achieve that goal.


Shawn: Shawn is my cute, lovable, red-headed brother. He just turned 5 and loves The Beatles, The Police, Ray Charles, Don Henley, Bonnie Raitt, and lots more. When we listen to CDs in the car, Shawn drums on his lap with almost pefect time the entire song. Often he will say, "Aren't I a good drummer?"


Me: I am 11 and will be 12 in August. I love music and I write and sing my own songs. I play piano, guitar and harmonica. I've made two CDs: Skywriting when I was nine to ten, and Running Home when I was ten to eleven. I like a lot of the musicians my brother likes and I like The Sundays too. I also like to take pictures and I am hoping to get my own camera for my birthday. Now, I'm starting jazz, tap, and ballet.

2 comments:

peemer said...

Hi Sky!!

It‘s Aunty Pamela up here in Kula. Your mom told me you have your own blog now, so I asked her for the link. I love all your pictures and stories. Keep up the good work!!
It‘s really fun to see you and the rest of the family in these photos, since I don‘t get down your way very often, and I miss knowing about your life. Thanks so much for sharing your life this way. Sending lots of love and aloha from up the hill.
Your friend and fan,
Pamela

cameron said...

Hi Skyler; It's Cameron again. I wanted to congratulate you on making your second CD! Could you e-mail me where to buy it? I thought the first was great. I am also interested in photography. When I grow up i want to be an astronomer and take pictures of the universe. In case you were wondering, I'm a little over twelve. Thank you for writing...
Cameron