February 11, 2010

Happy Birthday Annabel

You are special, a gift to the world,
singing to the wind, the trees, the sky.
Making peace with pain and sorrow,
accepting life like just a snowy day.
Coming and going like a pearly-white moon,
making your appearance to this world magnificent.
Making your way though life as a humble dot of life,
but you are a living joy, constant peace, a golden star.

Happy birthday Annabel, another beautiful year being around you! Hope you like the poem. I'm no Dr. Seuss, but I tried. :) You're now eleven! Welcome to the "lovely" world of preteens!

6 comments:

Bree said...

nicely done girly!

is she your sister?

happy birthday annabel!

Theresa said...

Beautiful writing.
Beautiful photo background editing.
Beautiful Annabel.
Beautiful Sky.

You are a wonderful sister.

Francesca said...

How sweet! Do I spot some photoshop action there? How did you learn so fast?! I'd love to be able to do all that.

Juel said...

This is awesome! Happy birthday Annabel!

Kaitlyn said...

hey Skylar!
You posted a comment on my blog a few days ago. I'm glad you like my blog! I really want to be a photographer! I play the harp, piano and ukulele. I do write music too!
Keep commenting on my blog!

Anonymous said...

Skylar,
you are an amazing poet and photographer, and Annabel is so very lucky to have you in her life. that is such a lovely tribute to your friend. i don;t think i've seen one finer.


happy day!